Home Page

Boyatt Wood Community Group

Boyatt Wood Community

Monday 20th March 2017

St Peters Church

Minutes:

Present:

 

Iain McFarlane: St Peter's Church

Martin Ward: St Peter's Church

Sarah Kesterson: Shakespeare Infant School

Pat Statham: Boyatt Wood Resident

Sue Heath Caldwell :1 Community

Helen Coleman : Eastleigh Borough Council

 

Apologies:

 

 

Item

ACTION

2

Minutes of the last meeting & Matters arising

 

 

 

Noticeboard Boyatt Wood Shops

Previous action -Check if we have contacted Boyatt Wood shops re having a noticeboard

 

Update: Jacquie said that she has already circulated this information previously but was happy to do so again. When she contacted the agent he had said that once we had had a better idea of what was needed we could go back to them to seek permission/ approval from the owner, we may need to seek funds to do this.

 

Noticeboard Selbourne Drive

Previous action - Helen to speak to Guy Riddock

 

Update- Helen said that she would be happy to speak to Guy Riddick at EBC about this but wondered if the notice board is currently located is the best site.

Discussion about how we could speak to residents to find out if it would be used and if it is in the right location– (See item 5)

 

Funds to improve St Peters Church kitchen

Martin is awaiting replies on other grants applications and exploring doing the work in stages ,

Lunch club- he still hasn’t received any interest in volunteering so Martin is currently exploring applying for funds to pay a leader.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

H C

 

 

MW

 

 

 

 

SHC

3.

Future of the Group Aims and Objectives/ Constitution ETC

 

It would be good to speak to residents

Leslie Loader/Reginald Mitchel/Raglan Court and ask for

representative to attend meetings

.

Re invite a representative from Shakespeare Junior School. Theresa offered to contact the Junior School at the previous meeting.

We could also contact SeeAbility – local base in Twyford Road, as no one offered to this so of your local to them could you pop in and have a quick chat.

 

 

We looked at the previous B W action plan sent around with the agenda. it was felt that many of the tasks were underway/ had been achieved.

 

And those still needed to happen could be achieved under the FB page.

These include

Promotion of police information. If anyone receives this data could they pass it on to Peter or Sarah to add to the fb page. Jacquie has attempted to invite the PCSO to previous meetings. If anyone has any regular links can they speak to them on the groups behalf.

Environmental improvements.

Local activities

 

 

It was also felt that the FB page will hopefully enable us to gauge interest from local people about what is of interest to them

 

The other thought was that maybe in time a survey monkey questionnaire could be created to help us to know what is of interest.

 

 

 

 

?

 

 

 

T H

?

4

Activities /Event s

Sue asked us to help promote the Older Persons event at St Boniface Church on the 30th March

 

St Peters

Ian shared information about the St Peters

Junior Youth Club on the 10th April and the Wyvern College Easter Holiday activity’s

Soccer School, Tennis and Childcare Event Updates

 

Future Events

St Peter's are planning an older persons event / tea party at the end of May and a Summer Fair – 1st July.

Shakespeare Infant School are planning their summer fair for the 14th July 3- 5.30

.

HOPE community event planned by Churches Together in Eastleigh - on Leigh Road Recreation Ground in summer 2017.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

SK

5

Communication

Facebook

 

Iain and Sarah have started a page under https://www.facebook.com/Boyatt-Wood-Community-719484341585663/

Please help to share and add info

 

We discussed the protocols for using this, it was agreed that as long as the comments on the page were reasonable and not offensive they should be allowed and any advertising needed to be relevant to the area and not blanket mail.

Ian and Sarah are happy to act as post approvers for now.

 

We also talked about inviting the shops to help us to promote the page and invite them to contribute to it, Jacquie and Sue agreed to do this will arrange a date to visit the B W shops to discuss this.

Sarah offered to create a small QR code advert for the FB page to go up in shop windows etc.

 

Pat said that Wendy from Quiffys Hairdressers is happy to act as a shops rep. Jacquie to contact her to arrange to meet.

If anyone has contacts with other shops in the area towards the Tesco garage it would be useful if you could pop in and introduce yourself

 

 

 

 

All

 

 

 

IM/SK

 

 

 

 

JR, SHC

 

SK

 

 

 

JR

 

 

all

5

Ian mentioned that the church is creating a welcome to the area booklet for new residents which would be a good resource for the area.

 

All

 

 

6

Date of next meeting

June 19th , 2pm St Peters Church

Jacquie to coordinate date and venue

JR