Home Page

Monday 3rd October - Minutes of Welcome Meeting

 

Shakespeare Infant School

SHINE Meeting

26.9.16 2.30pm

Agenda Item

Minutes

Action

Attendees

  • Julie Wartnaby
  • Sarah Kesterson
  • Emma Buttwell
  • Deb Parsons
  • Liz Houghton
  • Kehinde Ayuba
  • Jane Aslet
  • Beatrice Pearson

Apologies

  • Beatrice Pearson

 

1. Updates

  • Discussed what we had tried last year.
  • New Christmas Bazaar format (Children’s shopping in the afternoon, adult bazaar after school),
  • Discussion about the issues surrounding Santa last year.
  • Puppet show was a success and we will hopefully run that again.
  • The Pamper Evening did not go on, we feel that parents prefer events for their children, so this will be the focus of any future events.
  • Our Summer Fun Event was a success, raising over £800.00. We will certainly try this again. We do however feel we need to advertise this further in the wider community.
  • We have sent out a parent questionnaire and collated the replies. Email addresses have been added to Shine email group and these minutes will be sent to all.
  • This meeting was widely advertised in the newsletter and on posters around school. Turnout was disappointing and we discussed whether more parents would come to an evening meeting, but it was felt that babysitting may be a problem.
  • Strategy map- Part completed for year, (we have agreed to raise funds for more scooter pods- so scooters can be left on site)
  • Mrs Ayuba, Mrs Pearson and Mrs Buttwell talked about their experience working on PTA’s in the past, things that had gone well and their areas of expertise, (which were very extensive!)

2. Christmas Bazaar

  • Friday 2nd December
  •  Felt last year had worked well but we needed to have more stalls to encourage people to stay longer.
  • We will advertise for additional stall holders in Boyatt Wood community news and “Things to do in Eastleigh” Facebook page
  • Talked about ways of advertising it into the wider community
  • Each child to take home a poster to advertise it in their home window, car window etc.
  • Added into Boyatt Wood community news
  • “Things to do in Eastleigh” Facebook page.
  • We will have Santa’s Grotto again this year, and will run it in the same way – first come first served. We will also make the letter more explicit so that parents realise that it is just for children in year’s R, 1 and 2 at our school. (Will Kesterson will be Santa)
  • Stock has been bought and Julie Wartnaby will organise volunteers to help run stalls and assist the children with their shopping. This will be done through letter and email contacts from our parent questionnaire.
  • Donations- Julie will co-ordinate which companies to ask for donations for raffle prices. This is to ensure that there is consistency, and that they are approached with official school documentation. We also need to keep clear records on our database to ensure companies are not being over targeted.

 

 

 

 

 

Sarah

 

 

Julie

 

 

Sarah

 

 

 

 

 

Julie

 

 

 

Julie

4. Future Events

  • Christmas jumper day 16th December-  bring a pound for school funds to wear a jumper on that day.

 

  • Puppet theatre 3.30-4.00 Term 2?
  • Summer family fun – 21st July
  • Ideas nearer the date
  • Year 2 disco- 20.7.17

Jane Newsletter

Sarah class poster

Julie

5. AOB

  • Parent questionnaire a success – will be sent out annually
  • We discussed the possibly of a half termly shine newsletter, highlighting what has been done, will be done, and what we need help with
  • Dates in newsletter
  • Website updates
  • Christmas Cards- this year we are fundraising for shine through produced Christmas cards. Julie has sourced a company, received the packs and given to Zoe Ainsworth to organise through the teachers
  • Discussion about a regular film night to raise profits- we need to look into school licensing

Sarah

Sarah

 

 

Jane

Sarah

 

Julie/Zoe

 

 

Fran

         

 

Meeting closed at 3.15

Date of next meeting: 4.11.15 – 2.00pm (Christmas Bazaar)