Quality Learning will be achieved by:
- Using a variety of appropriate teaching methods.
- High quality planning linked to ongoing assessment.
- Developing programmes to meet the specific needs of individuals.
- Monitoring the curriculum offered, ensuring breadth, balance, continuity and progression.
- Creating a stimulating, secure and caring environment where children enjoy learning and become increasingly independent.
- Good organisation and provision of appropriate, high quality resources.
- Celebrating children’s achievements, recognising the importance of high self-esteem in promoting learning.
- Using Information Technology to support learning as well as learning key IT skills. This includes interactive whiteboards in all year groups and the use of a learning platform compatible with the age of our children using it.
- Supporting children’s social, emotional and personal needs. If children need extra support our Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator (SENCO) is also the ELSA-emotional literacy support assistant and we have a beautiful room resourced to provide very good support.