Safety and Security
We ask parents and families to take note of the following safety measures:-
- Our front door is kept locked. There is a buzzer and intercom system to announce arrival.
- All visitors and helpers should sign in at reception.
- Keep pupils and younger siblings under close control in the school grounds.
- Enter the school grounds through the front main gate and go around the outside of the building to reach classrooms - not across the car park.
- Drop off and collect your child from their classroom.
- Get a collection slip from the office if you wish to collect your child during the school day.
- If a child is late into school for some reason he/she must be signed in at the office.
- The main school gates are shut from 8.40 a.m. to 9.00 a.m. and from 3.00 p.m. to 3.30 p.m. One of the main gates is opened at 3.00 pm to ease congestion at the end of the day.
- The car park is for staff use only.
- Pedestrian access is via the gate next to the main gate.
- We will ask your permission regarding the use of your child’s image, e.g. for press coverage of activities and whether you wish your child to have supervised access to the Internet (filtered).
- Christmas performances may be recorded due to our entry by ticket only policy.
- Please do not obstruct the 5 bar gate near classes 1, 2 and 3
These measures help us to keep your child safe and secure whilst in our care.
Copies of the Health and Safety, and Security Policies are available in school.
Through these policies we aim to provide a stimulating yet secure environment in which our children can feel confident, valued and trusted.
We ensure the security and safety of our pupils, staff and buildings through carefully thought out and agreed systems, measures and procedures - whilst striving to maintain the special welcoming atmosphere and caring ethos of our school.