Last year pupils at Shakespeare Infant School had access to:
- 2 hours of timetabled high quality PE lessons each week. Children are taught games, gymnastics and dance throughout the school year by their class teachers.
- Expert tuition for pupils from a sports specialist teacher in Year 2.
- A range of after school clubs, including football club, gymnastics, multi-sports, tennis and dance; run by professional coaches each week. One choice is offered free to those who are eligible for Pupil Premium funding with the aim of developing their physical and social skills.
- An extra –curricular lunchtime sports club is provided by school staff for specific children such as those who are working at a greater depth and others who would benefit from additional opportunities to develop their physical and social skills.
- A sports event is held each year when children can showcase their developing skills and enjoy a whole year group Class 1 competition.
- During Year 2, all children have the opportunity to represent the school in a Class 2 competition.
- Every child was invited and encouraged to attend a weekly, early morning fitness session with an adult carer.
- Integrated science, English, maths and P.E. teaching through our ‘Mr Grinling Shapes Up’ project.
2 visits from health professionals with activities and question and answer sessions centred on health and fitness.