Where can I get further information about services for my child?
• First point of contact would be your child’s class teacher to discuss any issues.
• You could also arrange to meet Mrs Upton Jones our SENCo/Inclusion manager
• Look at the SEN policy on our website
• Contact Parent Partnership - www3.hants.gov.uk/parentpartnership
• Contact IPSEA (Independent Parental Special Education Advice) - www.ipsea.org.uk/
•Look at the local offer link
What steps should I take if I have a concern about Shakespeare Infants schools SEND provision?
• Contact the school Admin office to arrange to meet the Head teacher Mrs Skinner, SENCo Mrs Upton Jones or the Chair of Governors who would willingly discuss any concerns you have.
•If you have a complaint please follow our complaints policy and procedure, which is available from the school office.
Schedule Regulation 3 – information to be included in the SEN information report.
1. The kinds of special educational needs for which provision is made at the school
2. Information, in relation to mainstream schools and maintained nursery schools, about the school's policies for the identification and assessment of pupils with special educational needs.
3. Information about the school’s policies for making provision for pupils with special educational needs whether or not pupils have EHC Plans, including—
(a) how the school evaluates the effectiveness of its provision for such pupils;
(b) the school’s arrangements for assessing and reviewing the progress of pupils with special educational needs;
(c) the school’s approach to teaching pupils with special educational needs;
(d) How the school adapts the curriculum and learning environment for pupils with special educational needs;
(e) Additional support for learning that is available to pupils with special educational needs;
(f)activities that are available for pupils with special educational needs in addition to those available in accordance with the curriculum.
(g) support that is available for improving the emotional and social development of pupils with special educational needs.
4. In relation to mainstream schools and maintained nursery schools, the name and contact details of the SEN co-ordinator.
5.Information about the expertise and training of staff in relation to children and young people with special educational needs and about how specialist expertise will be secured.
6.Information about how equipment and facilities to support children and young people with special educational needs will be secured.
7.The arrangements for consulting parents of children with special educational needs about, and involving such parents in, the education of their child.
8.The arrangements for consulting young people with special educational needs about, and involving them in, their education.
9.Any arrangements made by the governing body or the proprietor relating to the treatment of complaints from parents of pupils with special educational needs concerning the provision made at the school.
10.How the governing body involves other bodies, including health and social services bodies, local authority support services and voluntary organisations, in meeting the needs of pupils with special educational needs and in supporting the families of such pupils
11. The contact details of support services for the parents of pupils with special educational needs, including those for arrangements made in accordance with clause 32.
12. The school’s arrangements for supporting pupils with special educational needs in transferring between phases of education or in preparing for adulthood and independent living.
13. Information on where the local authority’s local offer is published.