Shakespeare Infant School

We Care

Admissions Information

Applying for a place at Shakespeare Infant School

If you would like to apply for your child to join our school, please click the following link: Hampshire Admissions

Admission to School for children with Special Educational Needs

The school application processes described on these webpages do not apply to children with a statement of special educational needs (SEN) or education, health and care (EHC) plan. If your child has a statement of SEN or an EHC plan, please refer to the advice on the dedicated SEN pages.

Can I appeal if I am unhappy with the allocated school place?

You have the right of appeal to an independent appeal panel against the refusal of a place at any higher preference school named on your application where you were unsuccessful. To appeal for a place at a Hampshire community or voluntary controlled school, see the guidance to complete the online appeal form.

Appeals for Hampshire community and voluntary controlled schools will be heard from:TBA


More information can be found in our guidance for appeals.

For academies, voluntary aided, foundation and trust schools, please contact the school.


We advise that you hold on to the place you have been allocated until you have secured another school place.